Re: [linux-audio-user] dsp,kde and sound server (on YDL2.2)?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] dsp,kde and sound server (on YDL2.2)?
From: Matthew Yee-King (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 15:40:16 EEST

I've been mucking around with powermac audio quite a bit now. i've got
yellow dog 2.1 on my g4 pbook, and i've tried vasious kernels and drivers.

I reckon you are having problems because the OSS kernel module for the
powerboom is a bit iffy. some apps just can't initialise it properly.
possibly including artsd? i found that the OSS kernel module that comes
with the yellowdog 2.4.10 kernel works with the most apps. mabye you
could install that and try it out.... if you want a modular synth like
artsbuilder, try spiralsynth modular. i've found that only works with
the 2.4.10 kernel, however.

oh if you get tempted, i've had real problems with alsa. the current
version compiles but just doesn't seem to work.

- matthew