[linux-audio-user] Re: snd font size and moving marker

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd font size and moving marker
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 06:51:49 EEST

Mark Constable <markc_AT_renta.net>, on Thu May 02, 2002 [06:36:25 PM] said:
> Just started playing with my first linux audio editing app
> and looking at snd 5.8-1 (Debian).
>
> . exactly what do I add to which file(s) to increase the
> the overall font size so I can read menus/help etc ?
>
> . is it possible to have a moving marker on playback so
> I can visually cue the rendered graph to what I hear ?
>
> TIA
>
> --markc

        Hi;

        Snd comes with quite a bit of html documentation, which
can be very helpful.
        One way of altering the fonts snd uses are to set some
Xresources:

Snd*buttonFont: 10x20
Snd*boldbuttonFont: 10x20
Snd*axisLabelFont: 10x20
Snd*axisNumbersFont: 10x20
Snd*fontList: 10x20
Snd*helpTextFont: 10x20

        (choose the actual fonts you want)
        Put these in your ~/.Xdefaults file. then do
'xrdb ~/.Xdefaults' and fire up snd. (some of these
might have to be monospace fonts or they will be ignored)
[usually? .Xdefaults is loaded when you log on, but
if you change it, you have to load the changes manually]

        If you hold control when you click on play, you
will get a moving cursor. You can also control this by
setting a variable in the 'listener' (this is where you
can type in scheme commands) or by putting the command in
your ~/.snd startup file.

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com