[linux-audio-user] SBlive reverb/delay query

Subject: [linux-audio-user] SBlive reverb/delay query
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 15:21:18 EEST

I was under the impression (excuse me for not trolling
thru the archives) that it was not possible to get
reverb and delay effects out of an SBlive via MIDI but
I just listened to an XG file, for the hell of it, and
there is definately some reverb in there. It might be
coming from the particular sounds in sf2 bank I loaded
but I'm not so sure of that.

Josh, anyone, is it possible to get dsp/hardware reverb
from an SBlive via MIDI notes and, if so, any pointers
to docs or example code to do so ?

I'm thinking about trashing other peoples code for a
simple MIDI sequencer/editor and looking at pmidi for
starters. Can anyone suggest more relavent code examples
and perhaps libraries (tse3, midishare etc) ?

--markc (on the MIDI editor warpath)