Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 14:36:55 EEST

> Someone told me awhile back that SoundForge (on Windoze) had a feature

> where you could just scroll through the file in the viewer, drop
> markers at various points, and then invoke a certain function and it
> would pull out each marked section into a seperate file.

There are a number of ways to do this in Snd; one is

(define (mark-explode)
  (let ((start 0)
 (file-ctr 0))
    (for-each
     (lambda (mark)
       (let ((len (- (mark-sample mark) start)))
  (array->file (format #f "mark-~D.snd" file-ctr)
        (channel->vct start len)
        len (srate) 1)
  (set! file-ctr (1+ file-ctr))
  (set! start (mark-sample mark))))
     (caar (marks)))))

For a very large file, you'd probably want to set selection bounds, then
call save-selection-as,
rather than going through an array.