[linux-audio-user] Digital Audio out of Linux Laptop

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Digital Audio out of Linux Laptop
From: D. Sen (dsen_AT_homemail.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 19:34:55 EEST

I am looking for suggestions for ways to get digital audio data
(preferably 5 channel but stereo will do) out of a laptop running linux.
The data will into say an external D/A converter (a DAT or something
with an AES/EBU interface)? (I am not looking for a recording solution
but more of a playback solution without the D/A)

A PCMCIA or USB solution would be perfect. I have played
with the DATLINK with a PCMCIA SCSI card before but thats quite an
expensive solution. Anything else?

Thanks,
DS