Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: mik (mprims_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 20:15:48 EEST

<mawali_AT_news.icns.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Yes I did upgrade to .9, and yes it compiles (with gcc-2.95), but the
> aplication gets completely non-responsive trying to put the gui on the
> screen. I will try to debug it more when I get time.
> FT

Maybe it's the font problem:

From: Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se>
To: linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse problems
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:36:50 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu

Hi again,

> No, I'm running SuSE but maybe it's the courier font problem, because
> looking at `strace muse` I notice the word "courier" many times.

Yes, that is exactly the thing happening with Mandrake. I guess it could be
compiler related anyway, but a very subtle problem if so, the below "cure"
should fix it.

> Maybe a problem with AA fonts (turned on)?
> Excuse me for choosing the wrong mailing-list...
> Sorry.

Please don't, this is definately the place to ask.

> P.S: could someone point me to the solution? I could not find it in the
> Muse archive...

su root
cd <75dpi-fontdir>
grep -v courier fonts.dir > new_fonts.dir
cp fonts.dir old_fonts.dir
cp new_fonts.dir fonts.dir

cd <100dpi-fontdir>
grep -v courier fonts.dir > new_fonts.dir
cp fonts.dir old_fonts.dir
cp new_fonts.dir fonts.dir

/etc/init.d/xfs restart

--

That really should do the trick.... not the nicest solution, you loose all your courier type faces, not that I miss them much ;-)...

Someone more knowledgeable about fonts could see a better solution?

BR /Robert

mik