Re: [linux-audio-user] bristol synthesis emulation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] bristol synthesis emulation
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 17:10:27 EEST

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Maarten de Boer wrote:

> And it certainly is very impressive! Great job Nick! The
> emulation sounds very good, and it seems to be very efficient.
I think I'm dreaming... Excellent software ! However, the saw and pulse
waveforms sound a bit as if they were not yet antialiased. In my softsynth
I solved this by not dropping the amplitude from +1 to -1 within one
sample. Instead I use steep ramps ranging over several samples. This
reduces the high frequency content and makes the sound "warmer".

> Feature request: alsa 0.9 support, preferably including
> alsa sequencer support. I want to play these synths from
If I can help please let me know ! What about MIDI control of the
potentiometer / slider / switches ? I own all kind of doepfer's MIDI
controller equipment, so my motivation to help is high ;-)

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH