[linux-audio-user] Recording with arecord ...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Recording with arecord ...
From: Claudio Pastorino (clopasto_AT_cnea.gov.ar)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 00:26:25 EEST

Hi,
I am new to the list, new to linux-music and have some experience with
linux. I could install alsa drivers beta 12 under Red Hat 7.2, have them
working and have oss emulation working (at least i think so).
I want to record from a mic so I used alsamixer and arecord.
The linux box do record but I get changes in the velocity (pitch) of the
record when i hear the .wav.
Do I need Low latency patch to overcome this problem ? (I don't
understand yet what's exactly the advantage of LL ).
Can somebody advice me about record/multi-track etc under Linux ?
Thank you very much !

                                                        Claudio Pastorino