Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording with arecord ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording with arecord ...
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 01:30:22 EEST

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:26:25PM -0300, Claudio Pastorino wrote:
> The linux box do record but I get changes in the velocity (pitch) of the
> record when i hear the .wav.
> Do I need Low latency patch to overcome this problem ?

No. Most likely you aren't recording and/or playing back at
the sampling rate that you think. I'm not sure why this is happening to you,
but you'll get a pitch change if e.g. a 44100 Hz sampling rate
stream is saved as a 48000 sampling rate file without proper
resampling.

>(I don't
> understand yet what's exactly the advantage of LL ).

It's to prevent you from getting dropouts (clicking/stuttering effect)
which *will* happen while recording or playing if the box is
stressed hard enough.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"