[linux-audio-user] Really fast record or playback

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Really fast record or playback
From: Gary Counsellor (sineigs_AT_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 19:25:02 EEST

I've just recently updated to Suse 8.0 Clean Install
alsa-0.9.0_cvs20020320-12. SBLive and RME9652
So far everything I've tried to record, I think, is being recorded faster than
being stated (16 bits 44100) or at least it is playing back at an accelerated
speed or differnt rate. Not "chipmunk" like but "Hey! Ease up on the coffee"
like.
Old recording and downloaded waves are played fine so I believe this to be a
recording issue. Ever heard/seen the likes before? Any ideas why? Or how
to adjust it. Audacity seems to work greater than great (never really had it
working prior to this) and I'm really liking it.
but when all you want is a quick audio reminder or such arecord is nice.
Thanks

--
Gary Counsellor
http://www.musician2000.com