Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Bristol emulating software synthesizer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Bristol emulating software synthesizer
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 23:09:00 EEST

On Thu, 16 May 2002 17:29:03 +0200 (CEST)
"Dr. Matthias Nagorni" <mana_AT_suse.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Juan Linietsky wrote:
>
> > hello.. just a question. Is this package opensource?
> From the file "readme.release" of the Bristol package:
> <cite>
> Bristol and brighton are released with full GPL source code.
> </cite>
>
> You should also have a look at the marvelous GUIs Nick Copeland has
> created for his Bristol synthesizer !
>
> Matthias

Since the page seemed to have only binaries and no mention about
source or licenses i thought it was a closed product.. well, i've got
it and was playing around with it and wow.. I feel like a kid with a
new toy now, this piece of software is seriously amazing.

Cheers!

Juan Linietsky