Fwd: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: iMic and ALSA

Subject: Fwd: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: iMic and ALSA
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 16:48:33 EEST

---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: iMic and ALSA
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:59:32 +0200
From: Emiliano Grilli <emillo_AT_libero.it>
To: linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu

Alle 16:51, marted́ 14 maggio 2002, hai scritto:
> i'm using oss. alsa for powerbook/ ibook internal audio is broken as far
> as i know (compiles but does nothing). the usb audio driver is neither
> oss or alsa - i think its in its own class of driver.

I have a "coloured" iBook 366 and with SuSE 7.3 ALSA 0.5.11 is working for
internal audio.
BTW, I finally get iMic working with a newer kernel (2.4.16, I was trying
with 2.4.12), but have some problems on loading modules.
I cannot find documentation about audio.o where should I look?

> when i plug in my imic, the module is automatically loaded and i get the
> same output as you.

Can you post relevant entries in /etc/modules.conf?

> - matthew

Thank you, you're very kind.

Ciao

--
Emiliano Grilli - Linux user
emillo_AT_libero.it

-- Emiliano Grilli - Linux user emillo_AT_libero.it