Re: [linux-audio-user] oxygen8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] oxygen8
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 16:00:49 EEST

Hi Taybin,
Taybin Rutkin hat gesagt: // Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> I was under the impression is was only USB. That's good to hear. If I
> used the link you sent me, which works for OSS, would I have to disable
> ALSA to use it? You might want to check out:
> http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/usbmidid.html

Yes, this development was the reason for me to consider using USB
again in the first place. I use virtual midi connections a lot with my
Oxygen, and this won't work from a pure OSS-device to ALSA clients, if
I understand things correctly. But with the ALSA usbmidi daemon it
should work, as this is what the daemon is designed for.

I think, one doesn't have to disable ALSA if one wants to use the
Midisport as an OSS device, but I cannot say this for sure until
tested. In the usbmid daemon, this coexistance seems to be OK, at
least.
> It came out just a couple days ago. I already ordered one, so I guess
> I'll have to get it working one way or another.
I like this keyboard a lot, here in Germany it has been available
earlier. Sometimes it doesn't keep the midi cable connected, though...

ciao,