Re: [linux-audio-user] oxygen8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] oxygen8
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 14:40:43 EEST

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:

Thanks for the response, I found the archive right after I posted. I even
had a message in my mailbox that gave the link to the ALSA usb-midi site.
D'oh.

> http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html
>
> I still have to test this with my Oxygen8, though. I use the midi
> interface which gives me direct ALSA support, but on a computer
> without midi, you would need the USB interface.

I was under the impression is was only USB. That's good to hear. If I
used the link you sent me, which works for OSS, would I have to disable
ALSA to use it? You might want to check out:
http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/usbmidid.html

It came out just a couple days ago. I already ordered one, so I guess
I'll have to get it working one way or another.

Taybin