[linux-audio-user] Splitting stereo files with sox

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Splitting stereo files with sox
From: Matti Sunell (matti.sunell_AT_helsinki.fi)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 23:17:23 EEST

I need to get rid of the left channel of my stereo drum samples. If I
understand correctly, the command line to sox is

sox bd.wav -c1 bd_mono.wav avg -r

to take the right channel and write it to a mono file. But it gives me
a mix of the two channels.

According to the manual

sox bd.wav -c1 bd_mono.wav pick -r

should do the same, but sox doesn't even recognize the effect "pick".

Is sox broken or am I missing something trivial? The version is
12.17.3 which comes with Debian Woody. I have lots of these files, so
I don't want to use a graphical editor.

Matti

--
Matti Sunell