[linux-audio-user] midisport + 2.4.19 kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midisport + 2.4.19 kernel
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 18:49:34 EEST

hello

I just sat down to get stuck into some pd learning and I decided to
first get my midiman midisport 1x1 interface working with hotplug. I
managed to get this to work nicely (i plug the device in, a script gets
run that dmodprobes the right modules and downloads the firmware) but
in doing so i reminded myself of a problem i had.

When i download the firmware to the device with a 2.4.10 yellowdog
kernel, it works.

When i download the firmware to the device with a 2.4.19benh ppc kernel,
it starts downloading then all the lights on the device go on and stay
on and the device doesn't work.

Has anyone else got this interface working properly with a recent
kernel? Can anyone suggest what kernel compilation config flag i may
have missed out that might cause such a problem?

Or can anyone recommend a better usb midi interface that isn't too
expensive? (desperate...)

cheers

matthew