Re: [linux-audio-user] Behrenger mixers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Behrenger mixers
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 20:10:22 EEST

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:31:02PM +0200, J?rn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> i'd say if you have a non-pro soundcard and want to do some basic
> multitracking at home, the behringer will fit nicely in your audio
> chain. if you are a dedicated dat hobbyist doing classical live
> recordings, get something better.

I have a Soundcraft Spirit mixer which I think is in about the
same bang-for-buck range as the Behringers. Maybe a little better.
The common consensus seems to be that the build quality and
the preamps of the Spirit line are a bit behind Mackie, but the EQs are nicer.
YMMV of course...

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"