Re: [linux-audio-user] How to build Linux kernel - nice instructions on Anandtech

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to build Linux kernel - nice instructions on Anandtech
From: Stefan Schwandter (e9925373_AT_student.tuwien.ac.at)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 11:25:58 EEST

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> I did find some problems with the dri interface and found a
> patch inside Jussi Laako's patchset (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
> that fixed it (I was testing with latencytest 0.42). See:
> http://www.pp.song.fi/~visitor/linux/

I have to tell you this, just because I'm so exited:

I'm running linux-2.4.19-pre9-ac3 now, without preempt or low-latency
support, on my amd k6-III 400, and don't get xruns with ardour and JACK
when they're run with realtime priority, although I'm compiling a linux
kernel in the background.

Maybe this is because of the new ide driver core (TASKFILE_IO) and the
I(O) scheduler...

regards, Stefan

--
Wanna listen to my music? <------