Re: [linux-audio-user] How to build Linux kernel - nice instructions on Anandtech

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to build Linux kernel - nice instructions on Anandtech
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 22:07:09 EEST

> http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=123
>
> Anybody actually tried the lock-break patch presented in the previous
> Anandtech article?

I tried it and it is not as good as Andrew Morton's low
latency patch in terms of latency. It does essentially the
same thing (in the context of the preemptible kernel patch)
but does not fix as many high latency points as Andrews', or
so I think. I'm currently running a mix of the preemptible
kernel patch (without the lock break) and Andrew's low latency
patch (but the low latency patch alone is enough).

I did find some problems with the dri interface and found a
patch inside Jussi Laako's patchset (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
that fixed it (I was testing with latencytest 0.42). See:
  http://www.pp.song.fi/~visitor/linux/

-- Fernando