Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 19:01:20 EEST

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 04:02:17AM -0700, K.Bratanov wrote:
> Hi,
> PC based sound cards present many problems related to PC emitted
> electromagnetic noise. Is there any alternative to that? Is there any
> quality external based hardware? or may be another solution ?
> Thanks!

Midiman (also known as M-Audio) do a variety of PC products that keep
the analogue electronics in an external box, as well as conventional
sound cards. Try starting at http://www.midiman.com.

I use their Dio2448 which has S/PDIF inputs, both optical and coax,
which I feed from a minidisc optical output. It has analog outputs (for
monitoring, really) as well as digital outputs. It's ideal for what I
want to do with it, which is get pre-mixed stereo audio on the the PC as
cleanly as possible so I can burn CDRs and make MP3 files.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk     -  01638 720444 (H)