Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 23:09:24 EEST

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 04:02:17AM -0700, K.Bratanov wrote:

> PC based sound cards present many problems related to PC emitted
> electromagnetic noise. Is there any alternative to that? Is there any
> quality external based hardware? or may be another solution ?

Well, I have used an external USB-based Roland UA-30 audio device that
I've been happy with.

Unfortunately, now that I've installed RedHat 7.3 on my laptop, it's
no longer working (although from what I can tell from the dmesg output,
etc, the system has recognized it). Anyone have any clues?

--
| jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com                   http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |