Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?
From: X the Owl (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 01:47:37 EEST

You're not crazy on that second count. It's probably the same sound you
hear when you see a flash bulb go off on tv. I'm guessing it has somthing
to do with the amount of energy those sorts of images force the CRT to put
out to make all of the phosphors on the screen burn white.

As for the first count, any amount of noise that can be heard in a quiet
environment is an unacceptable level. My favorite example is to just
record the input of a sound blaster live without anything plugged into
it. It's quite educational and it sounds awful.

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,