Re: [linux-audio-user] ethernet audio (Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ethernet audio (Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?)
From: Kasper Souren (kasper_AT_303.nu)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 13:45:54 EEST

Anahata wrote:
> Isn't there a problem with ethernet because the response time is not
> guaranteed? Or in practice is it used in such a way that the likelyhood
> of losing samples because of multiple ethernet collisions is negligible?

I just got a link to a pdf document with some more information...
    http://cnmat.cnmat.berkeley.edu/ICMC2000/pdf/connectivity-processor.pdf

They don't mention the collisions in the article, but it's interesting though.

By the way, I think it's strange that it's now 2002, and there's still
nothing on the audio-market that uses ethernet...

greetz,
Kasper