Re: [linux-audio-user] ethernet audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ethernet audio
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 19:16:22 EEST

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 13:09, Mark Constable wrote:

> It is mentioned that it is an open source standard.

I don't know about open source - I haven't seen any code, let alone
source.

> eth cards
> are cheap, cat5 cable is cheap, about the only drawback I can
> see are the connectors not being robust enough for headbanging
> on stage. Mind you, wear a WAP (wireless access point) device
> somewhere handy and things could get interesting (assuming
> this protocol could be wrapped in UDP or TCP IP packets).

The protocol (at least, as it is defined for 100baseTX networks) takes
the place of the IP layer. It's possible to wrap it up in any protocol
you like, of course; the packets are just data like anything else.

My degree is over on saturday when I have my last exam. After that,
I'll be attempting to write a MaGIC stack.

--
Bob Ham: bob_AT_ham.org  http://pkl.net/~node/

My music: http://mp3.com/obelisk_uk GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org/