Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: Lloyd R. Prentice (pai_AT_tiac.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 16:50:56 EEST

Hello,

Juan Linietsky wrote:

> Also, sould linux apps really take this windows approach of
> making huge bloated interfaces with lots of eye candy, or should we
> try to improve on making our apps intercommunicate between eachother,
> while still giving some importance to ease of use?

Seems to me that...

- easier, more reliable installation
- easy-to-use cross-bar intercommunication among aps
- intuitive interfaces

are all worth pursuing. Anything that can be done to make the tools
invisible, will result in better music.

From my experience, code bloat is generally the result of throughlessly
piling too many layers of pre-cooked software on top of one another. I've
seen some beautiful GUIs done in only a few tens of kilobytes.

Best wishes,

Lloyd R. Prentice