RE: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: Joachim Backhaus (jbackhaus_AT_pironet-ndh.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 16:36:15 EEST

He wrotes: computers
           ---------
not computers with Linux.
    --------------------

That's what bothered me on this sentence.

I fully agree that at this time Linux Audio Users must
have a good deeper knowledge of their system.

I think binary compatibility between all linux distributions
would be a good starting point to get commercial audio sequencer
companies such as Steinberg and Emagic to port
their apps (and VST2, ASIO, EASI) to Linux. Because they will never ever
make
an open source app.
And it would help to get drivers for 8x8 MIDI Interfaces,
as they all have timing improving technologies that they
don't want to make Open Source.

Wouldn't it be great to have Native Instrument's Soft Synths
on Linux!