Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: jaap (jacobus_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 18:32:39 EEST

Le Lundi 10 Juin 2002 15:10, Mauro Graziani a écrit :

> Please remember that the most of applications we run are 0.xx versions.
> In a community it's normal to release applications even if in early
> stages of development, so the users can help the developers testing the
> program, finding bugs etc.
> Consider that, until today, the average linux user has a good system
> knowledge and no fear to compile and configure programs even writing
> some script.
> Now, the linux popularity is growing and there are companies like Suse
> or Mandrake that try to sell linux as a desktop solution. Well, in
> traditional office area there are mature applications that can fullfill
> the medium user requests and install perfectly from rpm (think of gimp,
> open office, gnumeric, evolution, galeon, the whole kde...), but in
> music area the situation is not so good...

I'm a computer music newbie.For linux...I don't care to do
configure,make,make install from time to time.I'm not a computer scientist or
system-administrator though.
I've the impression things are going strong for sound in linux.A few years
ago I thought sound was not a linux-thing.Now,I get things to work and I
found out that a lot of promising projects are going on.Please,developpers go
on!!!! I can't be enough thankfull for their work.
Just push a bit more on the documentation side to make it easier for newbies
to test things.

--
Jaap van Geffen
jacobus_AT_club-internet.fr