RE: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: Mauro Graziani (haknam_AT_monrif.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 16:10:43 EEST

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 10:43, Joachim Backhaus wrote:

> [...]

Please remember that the most of applications we run are 0.xx versions.
In a community it's normal to release applications even if in early
stages of development, so the users can help the developers testing the
program, finding bugs etc.
Consider that, until today, the average linux user has a good system
knowledge and no fear to compile and configure programs even writing
some script.
Now, the linux popularity is growing and there are companies like Suse
or Mandrake that try to sell linux as a desktop solution. Well, in
traditional office area there are mature applications that can fullfill
the medium user requests and install perfectly from rpm (think of gimp,
open office, gnumeric, evolution, galeon, the whole kde...), but in
music area the situation is not so good...

--
 Mauro
Universe is *not* user-friendly.