RE: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Alternative of PC based sound cards for quality sound and low noise ?
From: James Mansion (james_AT_westongold.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 02:05:05 EEST

>PC based sound cards present many problems related to PC emitted
>electromagnetic noise. Is there any alternative to that? Is there any
>quality external based hardware? or may be another solution ?

That's a very sweeping statement.

The noise levels measured at
http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
are measured in-system.

Do you have any evidence that' say' the LynxTwo does
not perform as advertised and tested?

I started out looking for a sound card solution
based on exactly the premise you mention, but I'm
no longer so sure that its a given.

James