[linux-audio-user] Re: toolame and xmms usage

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: toolame and xmms usage
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 18:34:57 EEST

IMHO the easiest way to decode mp2 files into WAV files is mpg123.

just run

mpg123 -w outfile.wav infile.mp3

that's all.

Alternatively xmms has a disk writer plugin:
go to the Options->Preferences menu , select
"Disk Writer Plugin" from the Output Plugin selectbox,
press Configure, set the path where the WAV file should be written to.
At this point click on Apply.
Return to the xmms main interface, select an mp2/3 song , press play
and instead of getting played , a wav file will get written.

hope this helps.

cheers,
Benno
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org