[linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta4

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta4
From: nick (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 17:21:09 EEST

Hi all.

The amSynth beta4 tarball is available now.
Get it while its fresh at http://amsynthe.sourceforge.net
and be sure to read the README

This release provides some significant improvements:

* Full ALSA support (PCM audio + MIDI sequencer layer)
* MIDI control messages (for preset/patch selection) has been reenabled
* Parameters can now be controller with standard MIDI controller
  messages
* Minor fixes and improvements to the interface (mainly the diologs)
* New example presets
* Fixed an obscure GTK SUID permission problem

! I haven't been able to test the build on a system without ALSA, in
theory it should work, but... please tell me if it fails

Enjoy

Nick