Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 19:38:39 EEST

>What do other readers here think about this scenario ? I'm far from a
>final point of view: I'm not so welded to the aims of the FSF as Richard
>Stallman, but I would much rather have high-quality open-source Linux
>audio software. OTOH I have to admit that I'd be very tempted by an
>off-the-shelf PT for Linux. I suspect this rumor is just that: a rumor,
>but an interesting one. So what do you think about it ?

Considering free software / open source coders code
for fun and not for profit, i'd say it wouldn't change anything :)

It's your own project, you want to *learn*,
you want to *code*, you want *control* ...

Some closed source commercial app. doesn't affect
any of these motivations, hey maybe it would be even
more fun, cause less people would come to whine
how bad your app is compared to Koobase etc. etc.

my .2 Euro

regards
vini