Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??
From: jordan muscott (jordan_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 19:39:40 EEST

i was asking myself _exactly_ the same questions when your post arrived in my mailbox.

<ramble in reply to ramble>
personally - i would be inclined to use any open source alternative vs a closed cource commercial one, and i'd really hope the 'community' we have on this list wouldnt die if commercial linux software became available. I think the reasons many people develop open source projects wouldnt go away just because of a few more commercial alternatives..... i mean look at all the software available via the gnu project..... loads of that would probably have commercial unix alternatives. I suppose we could be said to be in a 'fragile' stage of linux audio...with various apps getting 'stronger' all the time, but i find that exiting..... i honestly get inspired by the fact that im using open source software (and os) to write music, i hadnt written any music for almost 2 years until a few months ago when i started playing around with shaketracker, ssm, ttrk and a few of the editors ( ecasound, snd, wavesurfer ) - now ive finished a small collection of tracks, with another one on the way !
today :-)

</ramble in reply to ramble>

ps i always thought cubase sucked anyway.