Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??
From: Len Moskowitz (vze24hrw_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 19:53:58 EEST

Considering how many Linux distributions and different configurations of
each distribution there are, how many soundcards there are and how few are
well supported, how much sysadmin experience and "handholding" is required
to get almost anything running under even popular Linux distributions, and
how fast things change in the Linux world, I'd say that it's unlikely that
any company will provide a Linux version of a pro-sound software package
unless they also provide the entire computer, including all of the hardware
and the operating system. They'd need to control the entire system to make
it work reliably and keep support costs reasonable

Len Moskowitz
Owner, Core Sound
http://www.core-sound.com