[linux-audio-user] looking for an OGG-VORBIS player to play streaming audio in linux

Subject: [linux-audio-user] looking for an OGG-VORBIS player to play streaming audio in linux
From: Alex Timmer (mijn_troep_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 17:14:33 EEST

hi all,

recently my 'favorite internet music station' changed its
broadcasting format from RealAudio to ogg-vorbis which i can play
easily with winamp under Win2000...

...but ofcourse i also want to be able to play it on my other half of
the dual-boot, my beloved LINUX OS ! ;-)

i googled and also looked through Dave Philips linux audio apps
website, but could not find any application for Linux that supports
STREAMING ogg-vorbis (yet).

(by the way, the link there for the "squelch, nice OggVorbis audio
player with playlist and tag editor, requires Qt" gives a 404 page
not found error here : http://www.geoid.clara.net/rik/squelch.html )

does anybody know of an OGG player that allows me to listen to my
internet station http://212.153.66.24:8000/kinkfm_high.ogg ???

thanks, ALEX