Re: [linux-audio-user] problems ALSA on iBook2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] problems ALSA on iBook2
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 10:20:07 EEST

Alexander Carot wrote:

> Hej to all,
>
> we recently tried to install ALSA on an iBook2 with Nando at CCRMA in
> Stanford university but we have some trouble :
>
> The whole installation went pretty fine without any trouble, the module
> is installed and loaded and we finally set up the mixer but there's no
> sound (neither speakers nor headphone).
>
> Chipset : Tumbler
> OS : YellowDog 2.2 (Rome)
> PPC : iBook2 600MHz
>
> For us everything looks like a bug. Does anyone have any experiences
> with ALSA on iBook ?

don't know if it's fixed by now, but there used to be this buglet on
ppc/screamer that you had to touch "MIC Boost" once before any sound
would be played - perhaps it also affects the ibook chip. try raising
and setting it back off again and give it another try.
if that does not help, please check on the alsa-dev list. takashi iwai's
been very actively maintaining that driver lately, but there is a
distinct lack of feedback :)