Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour getting started help.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour getting started help.
From: mawali_AT_news.icns.com
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 00:21:26 EEST

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> cd to ardour/gtk-ardour and issue ./ardev

This is what I get with todays CVS (the reason for the original posting
;-) )

I started the Jack with the command line you told me:

# jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 2048
jackd 0.34.0
Copyright .......
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|2048|2|48000|swmon

$ ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.225.0 running with libardour 0.522.4
Copyright 1999-2002 Paul Davis
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
cannot connect to jack server
cannot connect to default JACK server
ardour: [ERROR]: No JACK server found.

Any ideas??