[linux-audio-user] ALSA in Linux-2.5.20 question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA in Linux-2.5.20 question
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 09:34:27 EEST

Just a quick one to know if I'm on the right track.

I've just compiled kernel 2.5.20 on my machine with the ALSA drivers. I
haven't compiled any of the ALSA tools and utils yet (still have to
download them in our country of the bandwidth trickle!).

The sound is not working at all. I compiled with OSS emulation, and
tried using my standard OSS mixer, aumix. Should all these (mixers,
apps, etc.) be recompiled, or should the OSS emulation take care of
that?

Regards,
Adriaan Pelzer