Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA in Linux-2.5.20 question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA in Linux-2.5.20 question
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 12:05:04 EEST

Hi,
Adriaan Pelzer schrieb:
> Just a quick one to know if I'm on the right track.
>
> I've just compiled kernel 2.5.20 on my machine with the ALSA drivers. I
> haven't compiled any of the ALSA tools and utils yet (still have to
> download them in our country of the bandwidth trickle!).
Just interested: Do you have a special reason to work with an unstable
kernel branch?
> The sound is not working at all. I compiled with OSS emulation, and
> tried using my standard OSS mixer, aumix. Should all these (mixers,
> apps, etc.) be recompiled, or should the OSS emulation take care of
> that?
Did you configure the alsa modules? And while oss-emulation should work
without alsalib and alsa-utils, it depends on a working alsa-driver
installation which you cannot really test without the alsa-utils.

ciao,

--
Frank Barknecht <barknecht_AT_dradio-online.de>
           -= www.dradio.de =-