Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone heard rumors about ProTools??
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:34:25 EEST

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:06:18PM -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> You should be able to use Ardour without any problems with a 1370 (I use
> a 1371)... that card is supported by ALSA, which is all you need to run
> jack/ardour. Quality issues aside with cheap 2ch i/o sound cards, you
> can easily lay down 1 or 2 tracks at a time and build up a recording for
> editing fun in ardour.
>
> The ens1370/1 cards actually have excellent full-duplex low latency
> performance.

I just read some threads on the jackit-devel list which mentioned (in
passing) problems with the 1370 in full-duplex mode. 1371 is apparently
fine.

As for a "budget" card that works well with Ardour, I bought a used
M-audio Delta66. Works for me, sounds good, 4 channels in/out.
(6 if I had anything to plug in to the S/PDIF port)

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"