Re: [linux-audio-user] SAOL/MP4 question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SAOL/MP4 question
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 02:44:16 EEST

Yikes, sfront can do waaay more than I thought, I have to take advantage
of my long weekend and read through the sfront manual. I've messed with
Csound, but found its tough to compile on linux (when I switched from
windows 2 years ago), and thought that sfront was just trying to replicate
some of csound's functionality, but I'm really wrong, I didn' understand
that mp4 isn't compressed audio, somehow I was under the wrong impression
that you just output a compressed audio. I didn't realize that its similar
to the old mod file format, but several steps beyond that as well. Very
cool.