[linux-audio-user] Re: Removing distortion

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Removing distortion
From: Kingsley G. Morse Jr. (change_AT_nas.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 02:10:56 EEST

> I was told on Saturday that the way to do it is to invert the signal,
> cut off all the peaks then reinvert the signal again. At least that was
> how my friend fixed up a vinyl track that he was ahem, using.
>
> Apparently the process of inverting seperates the peaks from the stuff
> you want to keep in a dramatic fashion and you can just run the signal
> through a lowpass filter to get rid of the peaks.
>
> I haven't tried it but it sounded reasonable.

As I understand the method above, I tried it with the
application called "audacity".

1.) inverted the signal,

2.) pushed it through a low pass filter and

3.) inverted it again.

It still sounded distorted, but I suppose I may have
used the wrong low pass filter or perhaps did
something else wrong.

Thanks,
Kingsley