[linux-audio-user] need for low latency patch?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] need for low latency patch?
From: jordan muscott (jordan_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 03:26:22 EEST

hi all,

my linux audio setup currently mainly consists of sequencing spiral
synth modular and a couple of pieces of midi outboard kit with
shaketracker. ( set up as described in frank barknechts midi_softsyth
quick toot). my question is this - am i likely to see a noticable
increase in timing performace from shaketracker if i patch my kernel?
(i am not suggesting i've got any performance problems at the moment -
it sounds tight to me :) ).

 Also, does using a kernel patched for low latency cause any
performance or stabliity problems elsewhere?

cheers, jordan...