Re: [linux-audio-user] volume meter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] volume meter
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 16:21:26 EEST

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 17:02, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2002, rob wrote:
>
> > dose anyone know of a volume meter?
> > The only one I could find was ecasignalview but it just dies with an
> > unknown exception :(
>
> Fixing this is on my todo list, but it'll take some time. While
> waiting for that, you could try ecamegapedal instead:
>
> http://www.eca.cx/screenshots/ecamegapedal-0.3dev0_cvs.jpg
> http://www.eca.cx/ecamegapedal
>
> ... start with "ecamegapedal /dev/dsp null" if you just want to monitor
> the input volume. But if you've had enough of eca-"quality" ;), there're
> plenty of alternatives:
>
> http://www.linuxsound.at/scopes.html

Hi thanks for the advice I looked at the above page but they all seemed
to draw pretty pictures rather then just give a volume reading.

I noticed that a lot of apps provide a volume meter (such as ardour and
ecamegapedal) but this is somewhat overkill (takeing up both memory and
screen space) as none of them seem to let you run just the volume meter.

Surely somewhere there is a stand alone volume meter

--

rob