Re: [linux-audio-user] CD audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CD audio
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 09:02:14 EEST

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 09:54:48PM -0700, Joseph Zitt wrote:
> Doing "/sbin/modprobe -n soundcore" comes up blank.

If it works, it shouldn't tell you anything...
to verify, try running lsmod. see if soundcore is listed in the output.

> What does it mean about "options" in a directory? Doing a "make xconfig"
> I don't see an item for "soundcore", though the first option there is
> for sound card support, and is indeed enabled. Is this related?

Yes. It's the same thing. When you enable sound support as a module,
and do make modules_install, you will install soundcore.o.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"