Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and Debian

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and Debian
From: Takashi Iwai (tiwai_AT_suse.de)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 14:59:00 EEST

At Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:45:05 +1000,
Conrad Parker wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 05:33:31PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > Anahata wrote:
> >
> > > Did I install the wrong thing or in the wrong order? (there's lots of
> > > packages with 'ALSA' in the name)
> > >

> > Quite possibly. If you are not comfortable with installing software in
> > Linux/Debian then you will probably have problems at first.
>
> er, no I think the problem is that alsaconf is severely broken on
> debian :(

you can try another alsaconf script, available at:

        ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/misc/alsaconf

it will set up a pci/isapnp card and test playback if a certain wav
file exists. the script even can probe some non-pnp isa chips, which
are used on many notebooks.
it also can configure only one card, though.

the script will add configurations to /etc/modules.conf.
i saw that debian has something different place to put alsa config
stuff, so more tuning might be needed.

Takashi