Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 19:09:12 EEST

Jason MacDermott wrote:

> What I would like to see in the next addition is a broader section on
> the hardware aspects. Especially some discussion of the higher-end
> hardware. Recently I posted a message to this group about multi-
> track recording and what hardware is available for it and have
> received some useful tips, but to date there isn't a whole lot of
> documentation on the subject for people wanting to attempt large-
> scale recording projects.

This will definitely be one of the much-improved areas of the book.
Ecasound, Ardour, and Audacity all have varying degrees of support for
professional multitracking requirements, and they will all be profiled.
I'm actively seeking material assistance from RME and MIDIman in order
to test their hardware in larger-scale recording circumstances,
hopefully they'll be able to help out.

> Thanks for the book, and best wishes on writing the next edition!

Thanks for the kind message, Jay. I have a lot of work in front of me
now, but it's beloved labor and something I've been hoping to do. I
figure it will take close to a year before we actually see the 2nd
edition, and much will undoubtedly change during the composition of the
material. I hope you continue to enjoy the 1st edition. Meanwhile, stay
tuned... :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org