Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Jason MacDermott (jmacdermott_AT_rogers.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 05:25:26 EEST

On Tues, 16 Jul 2002 Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote:
> So, feel free to indicate how you would improve the book. I'm very
>interested in the opinions of this community, and I would like to make
>the 2nd edition at least twice as good as the 1st. Fire away

I loved the first book, and was surprised to find it at my local store.
So thanks for writing it, and bringing the sound capabilities of Linux to
light! Right now I believe it is the only book of its kind, and it has
played a substantial part in my current plan to outfit my home studio
with Linux at the heart of it.

What I would like to see in the next addition is a broader section on
the hardware aspects. Especially some discussion of the higher-end
hardware. Recently I posted a message to this group about multi-
track recording and what hardware is available for it and have
received some useful tips, but to date there isn't a whole lot of
documentation on the subject for people wanting to attempt large-
scale recording projects.

Thanks for the book, and best wishes on writing the next edition!
Jay