[linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 21:06:39 EEST

Greetings:

  I've been traveling quite a lot lately, so I have not updated the
Linux soundapps site for a couple of months. I'll be posting an update
later this week, I promise. (!)

  Meanwhile, I'm happy to announce that my publisher has requested an
outline for a 2nd edition of my book (The Book Of Linux Music & Sound).
I've already made quite a list of additions and deletions, and I would
like to know the opinions of the members of LAD/LAU. Specifically:

    What applications profiles would you like to see added ?

    What applications profiles would you like to see deleted ?

    What other material would you like to see added or deleted ?

    Any other suggestions ?

  I'd like to make a much better book this time. I do intend to include
more programming material (particularly wrt ALSA), although the focus of
the book will remain targeted towards the user. Of course, I'll be
adding material about PD, ecasound, LilyPond, Ardour (and Jack of
course), and Audacity. Stephen Yi's blue will be covered, I might drop
the Games chapter, and so on and so forth...

  So, feel free to indicate how you would improve the book. I'm very
interested in the opinions of this community, and I would like to make
the 2nd edition at least twice as good as the 1st. Fire away

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org