[linux-audio-user] jackd

Subject: [linux-audio-user] jackd
From: Carlos Miguel Machado Figueiredo (carlosfigueiredo_AT_clix.pt)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 03:16:01 EEST

I've installed:

ALSA/jack/ardour with success (so I think) with an sblive

when I try to do:

[root_AT_carlos jackd]# jackd -v -d alsa -h

i have this message:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
[root_AT_carlos jackd]# jackd -v -d alsa -h
jackd 0.34.0
Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

5757 waiting for signals
running with uid=0 and euid=0, will not try to use capabilites
creating alsa driver ... default |1024|2|48000|swmon
ALSA: cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm/default
cannot load driver module alsa
jack main caught signal 15

can anyone tell me why the server doesn't start?

Carlos Miguel Figueiredo
Mima